Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2012 Elections: America's the bet on a green future



The elections are finally over.  No more annoying ads, no more negative talk, and no more infinite hours of political analysis and polls.  On election day, I said to my self that I was not going to spend the night checking the results. I was aware that there was nothing I could do and that by doing so I would only increase my anxiety.  Yes I must say I had a favorite.  A favorite that I picked simply because his opponent kept saying how much he liked coal and how he was going to stop the EPA from hurting this noble industry.

Romney got it wrongHe was wrong to bet on coal. He got the facts about green energy wrong.  He was wrong about the number of Solyndras that failed.  And the worst part is that he kept repeating his lies over and over again as if he had no one to help him corroborate the facts. Ironically, it is the market that has turned its back on coal which now only produces 37.3% of America's electricity, down from 49.8% just a few years ago. 

For his part, Obama is at least consistent.  He has bet on green energy like no other president.  He understands that fossil fuels are not the future and that if America wants to keep leading, green is the way to go.  As a result, clean energies are growing at record levels and CO2 emissions resulting from energy use are the lowest in two decades

The biggest winner in this election is America's green energy futureThis won't mean that an energy revolution is to come in the next four years, but rather that our use of coal and oil will continue to decrease as we invest more in research and development of green energies. 



  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment